Do I have to be a Christian to attend Discipleship Way™?
No. Anyone is welcome to become a member of Discipleship Way™ as long you are open to hear and learn what is being presented in the courses without bringing an attitude or motive of dissension or debate.
How is Discipleship Way™ different than a life-coaching practice?
Discipleship Way™ is different than a life-coaching practice in several respects:
- Life coaches focus on the present and the client’s goals for the future. They do not address past issues. Discipleship Way™ helps people to identify ill-productive thought processes that keep them from achieving the results they desire. These thought processes are often undetectable to the individual because they have been present for so long. At Discipleship Way™ we provide a biblically-based, Spirit-led perspective that leads to a renewing of the mind that is necessary for desired change to take place.
- Life coaching practices tend to focus on bringing about transformation in specific areas of a person’s life (e.g., relationships, finances, businesses, etc.). Discipleship Way™ focuses on addressing root issues that will bring about a positive change in every area of a person’s life.
- Life coaches work with people who are healthy and successful on their own. Discipleship Way™ serves people who realize they need something new because their way of addressing a particular issue is not working.
- Life coaching practices only offer a personalized coaching service (whether to individuals or businesses). Discipleship Way™ offers a personalized discipleship service AS WELL AS an ongoing discipleship curriculum. The discipleship curriculum consists of online courses and live group discipleship calls/Q&A sessions. These courses, calls, and sessions are designed to provide individuals with teachings from the Word of God that facilitate the addressing of root issues and perpetuate the mind renewal process mentioned in points 1 and 2 above. Individuals must enroll in the Discipleship Way™ Discipleship Curriculum to be eligible to receive personal discipleship services.
How is Discipleship Way™ different than a seminary, Bible college, or church?
Seminary. Seminaries are colleges that prepare students to be priests, ministers, or rabbis. While the skills taught at Discipleship Way™ will certainly help to equip anyone desiring to be a priest, minister, or rabbi, the focus of Discipleship Way™ is to arm believers with skillful knowledge about their spiritual arsenal and how to use it to walk victoriously in this earthly life. Though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. For the weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds (II Cor. 10:3-4, NIV).
Bible College. Bible colleges are undergraduate programs that offer the same level of degree with very similar academic requirements and standards found at most colleges and universities. Discipleship Way™ is not a college and does not offer a formal degree. Rather, Discipleship Way™ is a platform assigned to disciple individuals desiring to walk more effectively as Kingdom Citizens here in the earth – exercising the authority that Jesus gave them… doing the same works that Jesus did, and even greater works (John 14:12)!
Church. In the present context, churches are buildings where people gather for communal worship, Bible classes, and Church Body fellowships. People are taught the Word of God in a group environment (large or small depending on the event and attendance) through an often uni-directional approach where all of the information is being disseminated from the leader to the congregation or class.
Like churches, Discipleship Way™ is a place where people are taught the Word of God. However, being that Discipleship Way™ is an online platform, teachings are provided through resources such as videos and podcasts. Members gather at the Contender’s Corner – our online community – to fellowship with one another and to meet for our interactive group discipleship sessions where members have the opportunity to ask questions and to dialogue with the discipleship mentor in real-time to gain the understanding they are seeking.
Discipleship Way™ does not replace your church or fellowship with your local church body. Discipleship Way™ is a supplemental resource for those desiring more personalized, hands-on training in the Word of God and how to apply it in your life.
Why should we trust the staff at Discipleship Way™?
Hear what others have to say:
- Don’t expect anything to be watered down. You will get the truth in love.
- Real answers, real results.
Spoken about the Discipleship Mentor:
- You can tell the genuine-ness of [her] personality coming through.
- The Lord speaks through [her] in just the way I need.
- [She is] able to hear from the Lord and [she’ll] offer real-time personal examples.
- [When I had questions, she] took me back to scripture instead of just answering with [her] ego.
- I like the feeling of being safe with what I’m hearing. I also like the feeling of, like, putting on a life-preserver and floating in the truth of what [she is] saying.
- What I appreciate the most is the time [she spends] with me to talk about the things we talk about… I enjoy [her] perspectives and the way [she presents] them. I look forward to it. I wish we could speak more than once a week.
What should I expect if I attend Discipleship Way™?
- Increased ability to hear and understand the written and revelatory Word of God.
- Greater independence in applying the Word of God to personal situations.
- Increased confidence that comes from skillful application of the Word of God.
- Increased manifestation of what you are believing God for.
- Increased revelation of God’s love for you.
- A safe place to ask your questions and receive answers without fear of embarrassment or shame.
- A safe place to work out your personal issues without fear of judgment or ridicule.
How do the prices of the discipleship / accountability sessions compare to what I would pay with a life coach?
Most life coaches working with individuals charge between $300 and $700 per month at an average of $100 to $300 per hour. Discipleship / Accountability sessions at Discipleship Way™ are competitive, ranging between $165 and $200 per hour, depending on the package.
Do I have to be a Discipleship Way™ member to purchase a personal discipleship / accountability package?
Yes. The personal discipleship we provide is based on the beliefs and principles presented in the Discipleship Course Modules. It is important not only that you have the resources available to you, but that you engage with the resources for the following reasons:
- to reinforce topics discussed in the discipleship sessions, and
- to facilitate the addressing of root issues and the mind-renewal processes required for desired changes to take place (See FAQ: How is Discipleship Way™ different than a life-coaching practice?)
What is the difference between a Victorious Life Membership and a Leadership Support Membership?
The Victorious Life Membership is designed for lay-people. The Leadership Support Membership is designed for church or ministry leaders (whether you wear a title or not). Each Membership group will have access to their respective libraries, courses, and teachings.
Victorious Life Members have the option of receiving personal discipleship sessions while Leadership Support Members have the option of receiving personal accountability sessions.
What is the difference between Personal Discipleship Sessions and Personal Accountability Sessions?
Personal discipleship sessions (for Victorious Life Members) are designed to provide a safe place where people and ask their questions, receive personalized answers that help them understand the Bible better and apply the Bible to their everyday situations.
Personal accountability sessions (for Leadership Support Members) are designed to provide a safe place where church and ministry leaders can receive the Refreshment, Encouragement, Accountability, and Love (REAL) they need to deal with private issues that they feel they are not be able to share with their followers or congregation.
What if I decide Discipleship Way™ is not for me? Can I get a refund?
You may terminate your monthly membership at any time. You will not receive a refund if you terminate your monthly membership after your payment date, but beginning with the next billing cycle, your card will no longer be charged. You will lose access to the Discipleship courses and resources archived in the Library. You are welcome to resume your membership at any time.
Because we offer a free consultation before providing Personal Discipleship / Accountability Sessions, a full refund will not be offered after your first paid session. A partial refund will be issued if you decide to cancel within 6 days after your first paid session. Should you decide to terminate your discipleship package after this time period, no refund will be issued.